How do we get a marriage license?

You just need to obtain the license in the state you plan to be married in, either Oregon or Washington. If you are currently a resident of either state, you can obtain it from your closest county office. If you are coming from out of state, then apply at either Hood River Oregon or Skamania Washington. Both State’s require you to have two witnesses that are at least 18 years old.

Hood River Oregon

Marriage licenses can be purchased from any County in the State of Oregon and used in any County in the State of Oregon.  You can either complete the Hood River County Marriage License application form online or in person.  If you apply online, you will still need to make an appointment and visit our office in person to complete the license process. You must apply for and pick up your own marriage license from Hood River, OR.  It is valid for 60 days and there is a 3-day waiting period, Oregon may waive if you pay for rush processing in extenuating circumstances, plan to go back in 3 days to pick it up. 

Marriage License applications are processed on weekdays, from 9:00 am – 11:30 am and 1:05 pm to 3:30 pm by appointment only. 541-386-4522 to schedule an appointment.  

Marriage Licenses – Hood River County, OR

Skamania, WA

Allows for you to mail in with Notary witness signing and will mail you back the license. Then, bring it with you to the ceremony. I will fill out the details, you and your two witnesses will sign.  I can help walk you through this process, you will need to plan ahead for this option.

Marriage Licensing | Skamania County